Alacrity is an agility dog sim focused on breeding dogs with specific markings and coats while excelling in agility at the same time. Targeted on agility dog breeds. Focus training on specific agility objects and enter trials that feature items your dog excels in. Accessorize your dog with unlimited items, and put them inside a living room with backgrounds or give them a companion to keep them company!
Your dogs only live each day you login. So don't worry if you miss a day!
I would like to introduce a special item highlight tonight, for a background the talented and reliable Innali (#34554) provided at our request.
We don't get to do an item for each and every holiday every year, because of how busy our artists already are. This year, though, it feels important to us to make this small gesture, given the great and terrible actions taken by a destructive radical minority during what should be a month of peace, reflection and celebration for the Muslim world. We are honored to present Alacrity's first Ramadan item - the Geometric Architecture Background, now restocking in main shops. For the first month, however, this special background can be found in unlimited quantities in the Monthly Shop for its regular Scenic Route price. It will be cycled out with the other monthly items at the end of this month, but will continue to restock in the Scenic Route.
The background draws from some of our favorite aspects of middle eastern architecture, a reminder of a complex, beautiful history which has fallen victim to subversion and destruction occurring across the globe.
We hope you like our new background as much as we do. Good night and stay well. ~Kit
Remember, guys, the Steam Group Icon art contest ends on the 21st! We’ve got only 3 submissions so far!!!!! That’s crazy! These are some really nice prizes we’re offering, and we keep hearing from you guys you want to get the chance to submit art for bone, and item prizes, but if your art is chosen as the official, permanent icon you’ll also get a $20 Steam gift card!
OPEN ARTIST APPLICATION
Attention, Alacritites! We are trying to get back into the swing of things more than ever, and to do that, we need some junior artists to help us along. Junior Artists would be enthusiasts from the community who have the skill and desire to create game art for bones. We have been asked several times to make this option available to you guys, so we’re giving it a try! Think you got what it takes? Submit an issue to the Admin Hub and we’ll get you started on your application!
QUESTIONS. WE HAVE THEM. YOU ANSWER THEM. (and submit the completed application to the Admin Issue Hub)
1) What piece of artwork would you consider is the best that you have completed within the past three months? Please give a link.
2) What area do you feel is your greatest weakness? What is your greatest strength? Examples include poses, anatomy, lineart, shading and coloring.
3) What are you most comfortable drawing? Ex: large animals, natural items like trees, rocks and flowers, birds, or manmade inanimate objects.
4) How confident are you that you can match Alacrity’s style, if given guidance by the current art staff? Are you good at taking constructive criticism? Are you good at GIVING constructive criticism?
5) We have a schedule to which all our artists are required to adhere. Artists get their assignments by the 1st of the month with progress sketches (with a mind towards item placement on all breeds) due the 14th, and finished images due the 30th/31st. Would you feel comfortable working on this timetable, taking and applying the revisions/critiques on the rough sketches to ensure uniform, quality work? What concerns would you have about meeting these standards?
6) How many items would you feel comfortable completing in the above time period? Please keep in mind that some items have to be redrawn for each individual breed, though some can simply be placed around the dog instead.
7) As an artist, we assume you have done a lot of work in the past and would like to show more of it to boost your chances of catching our eye. Please provide a few links (two to five will be fine) to some of your work below, or a link to your portfolio if you prefer that.
8) You have just finished your in-progress drafts and feel like they’re pretty good and you’re really enjoying working on them, You receive the following message from the head artist - “I looked over your submissions and I am concerned. This work isn’t the quality we expect on Alacrity and I cannot use any of it as item art in its current state. The proportions are wrong, it’s way too cartoon-y and the palette is bland and it clashes. Please do redraws for these items and get them to me by the 25th.” What is your response to this critique? How do you feel about it? How will it affect your creativity between now and the new deadline? How would it affect your desire to remain on the art team?
9) Our item art is currently backlogged, especially but not exclusively affecting Great Danes. This often involves working from existing art to create matching items on newer breeds. Please demonstrate your suitability by drawing and coloring your own Red Paisley Bandana on our Great Dane breed, trying to match the site style as best you can, and post a link to the completed image below.
*note: Please don’t be discouraged - we understand that you may need some practice and training on the site style, and likely won’t be able to match it perfectly at first - matching the site style perfectly will not be a requirement for being considered for joining our Junior Artist Team.
Hey, guys. Kit here. I just wanted to let you guys know I’ll be taking a little break from the front end of Alacrity for a couple weeks to work on some projects that desperately need my attention. Ehm will be handling my share of issues and community content. You guys be sure to be good for her and I’ll be back on August 1st!